Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ooh Baby Clips Interview

Business Name: Oooh Baby Clipz
Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Carla and I'm a WAHM to 2 beautiful children aged 3 1/2 and 18 months. I live in a small country town in Central West NSW. I have a passion for anything crafty and I love to create new and exciting things. I run two businesses, Oooh Baby Clipz & Oooh Baby Scrapbooking. I started Oooh Baby Scrapbooking in 2006 and I came up with the name as I was only concentrating on baby scrapbooking products. Oooh Baby Clipz started late last year after having my little girl and wanting her to have nice hair clips and things to wear!

What Products do you sell?
I currently sell Handmade hair accessories including, hair clips, headbands, kufi hats, school bows, NRL/AFL bows, clip holders and decorated baby wipe cases. I'm also just starting to add name letters to my range and I currently have some gorgeous Pettiskirts in transit due to arrive very soon! I also have plans for some more new products, but i will keep that a secret for now!!

What makes your products unique?
There are alot of other wonderful people who also make hair accessories so it is fairly hard to noe make the same products. But i do try to come up with my own ideas and my own twists on things and I try not to use the same products as others but this can be quite hard, especially if we shop in the same place! Although I do believe that my NRL/AFL bows are quite unique and I have not seen any others around that use logos which help mine be unique to others!
Do you have a website?
I do have a website for my scrapbooking business www.ooohbabyscrapbooking.com.au which I intend to transform in the coming months by adding all of my hair accessories on to it as well!

Purchasing anywhere other then online?
I have all my clips listed on my Oooh Baby Clipz fan page which currently the only way to purchase or by sending me an email to carla@ooohbabyscrapbooking.com.au :)
Specials...
I ran a sale album a couple of weeks ago and it was a huge success so I've decided to run the same type of sale monthly. They will be around the middle of each month.

Do you have a fave product?
It's very hard to single something out as I take pride in everything I make and if I'm not happy with the way it turned out then i throw it to the side!!


Advice...
Make sure that it is something that you enjoy doing! My venture has turned out to be a very busy business for me and I'd hate to think what it would be like if I didn't enjoy doing it!
Anything else?
Smiley Tots clothing also stock a range of my hair accessories which is very exciting for me! And if you could spare a minute to check out my fan page and have a look at what i have to offer, i'd really appreciate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment